Productivity Enhancement is the key to operating at peak efficiency
Why is it that some organizations simply appear to run flawlessly while others look like they are stumbling around with unhappy employees and frustrated business owners and managers?
There are number of critical steps as business owners and managers that we must consistently implement every day to ensure the highest level of productivity from our employees. This is increasingly important in difficult economic times were every hour of every day counts.
Here are some fundamental activities that business owners and managers can undertake to ensure that their employees are operating at peak efficiency:
- Always make a point of publicly singling out employees who done a great job for your company even if they’ve simply done what is expected of them.
- Never criticize an employee’s performance in a public setting like a weekly staff meeting or in a public environment within your workplace.
- Never shout at or lose your temper when addressing a perceived or actual shortcoming in an employee.
- If it is important not to criticize employees in a public setting, it is doubly important that you never criticize employee in front of the client or customer, especially if that employee manages their account.
- When you do have to have a corrective discussion with an employee make sure that you always lead with positive contributions they are making first and moreover remain both objective and as specific as you can be in terms of the problem or issue that you are looking to address.
- It is extremely important to have periodic staff meetings where you have a planned agenda and a planned timeframe and that you are consistent in holding the staff meetings.
- At least on a monthly basis, you should meet with your employees and go over your quarterly business plan to discuss how your organization is meeting its objectives.
- Every employee in an organization should have their own quarterly plan that rolls up into your business quarterly plan which defines what they will be doing to specifically help your organization achieve its profitability goals and objectives.
These are just a few critically important steps that you can implement very easily to ensure that you improve the productivity of your work environment, which will ultimately contribute to the profitability of your business.
For a consultation on how you can increase the productivity of your team:
- Call us at 203.210.7003
- Leave a comment on this page and we will contact you directly
- Send us an email by clicking on the button below