Hiring Systems – Hiring the Right Person Simplified
There are a number of critical components that are required to ensure that you hire the right people for the right jobs to support your organization:
- First, you must create a job description where you define the functions of your company and what the position that you are hiring for does to support your business objectives. This job description must also include extremely detailed information about the specific description. In addition you want to add other important information in a job description such as:
- Specific areas of specialization
- Number of years of experience
- The type of work environment at your company
Ultimately it is important to break down the top 5 to 7 responsibilities for a position and then define in percentages the amount of time that an employee will be required to fulfill each of these responsibilities.
- When you start the recruitment process is equally important that you post your job description on hiring sites where you are most likely to find candidates that match the requirements of the job you are looking to fill.
- When undertaking a job search is also equally important to consider whether this is a new position or whether you are filling an existing position that has been vacated by a former employee.
If it is a new position even after you have written the job description is really critical to sit down and write out why you are hiring for this particular role and what this role is going to achieve for your business – – this is important so that you get a very clear picture in your mind about what this position is going to do to advance the objectives of your company.
If this is an existing position it is also equally important to go back and evaluate how the last person in this role performed their responsibilities. One thing hiring managers often forget to consider is whether or not the last person in this job was capable of performing the job based upon the resources and internal organizational support that they need.
Always remember that it is much easier to hire an employee that is to terminate one. So you want to create a hiring process that will not only ensure that you get the most qualified applicants but also that you are giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed in the role that they will be undertaking.
- Next it is highly important during the recruiting process that you ensure that you scrupulously comply with federal and state hiring laws. There are some questions that are not only inappropriate task during the interviewing process but are actually illegal and could potentially subject you to legal action.
We can provide you not only with a wide range of templates to ensure your success during the hiring process but also help you to develop effective processes and procedures to ensure that your hiring process goes smoothly and that you hire the right people the first time around.
The Profile XT™ Job Assessment and DiSC®Profiles are just a few assessments we can utilize to ensure the hiring process is successful. See the dropdown menu or links above for further details on these two powerful programs.
For a consultation on our hiring systems, you can:
1. Call us at 203.210.7003
2. Leave a comment on this page and we will contact you directly
3. Send us an email by clicking on the button below