It’s back-to-school season, and for businesses it’s another way to market.
Even if your small business’s products or services aren’t directly school-related, there are lots of ways you can attract back to school shoppers. You don’t have to miss out on potential back to school sales.
These back-to-school marketing tips for small business will help you take advantage of one of the biggest retail seasons of the year:
- Back to School Preparation Sales
- Back to School Tie-in
- Parents are looking for value
- Teachers Pet
- Be Mobile Ready
There are a lot of services that fit easily into back to school preparation.
- Hair salons can offer discounted back to school cuts and services
- Tutors can promote “early bird” registration
- Label companies can offer promotions on labels for clothing, backpacks and lunch containers
- Companies can offer “last chance” sales for summer products such as bike rentals, museum tours, free play facilities that watch kids while parents back to school shop etc.
Don’t forget to utilize the back-to-school tie-in angle. Some examples could include the following:
- Nutrionists could offer healthy school lunch workshops
- Cleaning / Organizing companies could offer their services to prepare the home for heading back to school
- A watch or shoe repair business might run a “be on time for school” special
Remember that parents are still looking for value when shopping – plus maybe even services for themselves. People will want to get all they can for lower prices. The key is to remember not to price too low and to have a pricing strategy. Also, parents need pampering too. So, if your products and/or services don’t cater to kids perhaps they can offer specials to their parents such as back to school massages, restaurant specials, gym classes while kids are at school etc.
Many times when we think of back to school specials we forget the teachers. Almost any product or service can offer a special deal to “teachers only”. For example, a dry cleaner, car wash, hair salon, construction company, lawn care etc. could offer “teachers only” special to prepare for back to school.
Lastly, be mobile ready with your specials. Almost two-thirds of smartphone owners plan to use their devices to help them with their back-to-school shopping. They’ll be look for special pricing, coupons, and ads. You could also offer these promotions on social media sites as well such as Facebook and Twitter.
The back to school retail season is such a lucrative market that you definitely don’t want to miss being a part of it. It’s a great time of year to get refocused and reorganized from the summer. So just keep that all in mind when you are looking to find your small businesses back-to-school angle.
Whatever your business challenge is, we can help you starting today.
Simply click the link below to schedule your free 30 minute, no obligation, phone consultation. We’ll focus on your #1 challenge, and at the end of the call we’ll give you at least one practical strategy so that you can move forward immediately.
Schedule your free 30 minute
business assessment session today!
Or you can follow the link and our business experts can provide a Complimentary Business Evaluation for your business.
Start increasing your bottom line today.