By using and implementing a simple lead management system for your business.
Let’s be honest… if you have a sales force you know that they often neglect leads that come in by phone or web. Why? Because left on their own they simply will come up with ready-made excuses for NOT following up on “bad” leads.
So what can you do?
Create a proper Lead Management System for them to use.
Proper lead management is a multi-staged process that manages a prospect from attracting and capturing the lead right through to the sale.
You don’t want any leads falling through the cracks so it’s important to manage them.
And manage them easily.
And since it is estimated that 80% of leads are never acted upon at all. So here are…
5 Tips to Better Manage Your Sales Leads
- Have a lead management tool in place – whether it is a CRM system or Outlook, having a system to track and manage your leads is imperative. Systems like CRM allow you to track leads all the way through your sales process. An automated system ensures that every prospect goes through every step of the sales process. If you don’t have a sales process -the time to create one is now.
- Define a lead for your business – Define what a lead is for your business and make sure all your employees are aware of it (i.e. what’s your target market, customer’s average annual income range, demographics, etc.) It should be clear by all employees how to handle a prospect so that no leads are left out on the table.
- Qualify the Customer– After a lead comes in make sure that the lead is then qualified. Not every prospect is a suitable candidate to become your client.
- Track the Source– if you know where your leads are coming from then you can get more of them. For example if 1/2 of your business is obtained through a specific ad then you are going to want to make sure you run that ad aggressively. Test and measure what messaging provides the greatest results.
- Up Sell– Make sure that once you obtain a customer that they are aware of all your product and services offered. Review your customer database and find opportunities to add on services for existing clientele.
Having trouble managing sales leads?
Do you need a lead management system, or would you like us to evaluate your current system to find the cracks and short-comings related to your sales conversion?
Contact one of our business coaches today and learn how to turn cold leads into customers now.