Pressure to perform is high, along with emotions, and everyone is expected to do more with less.
So, how can managers lead their teams to success?
Research has found particularly in service industries, that three factors drive performance:
- the work climate
- the ways teams act together
- the ways that things are done
Leadership—particularly the quality of supervision and the nature of the relationships between supervisors and their teams—is crucial to performance.
Nearly 60% of front-line managers underperform during their first two years and more than 50% would rather not manage people. ~Corporate Executive Board
Six Keys to Unlocking the Potential of Managers
- Identify employees with the capability and interest to be good managers
- Help your managers clarify their teams’ goals and roles
- Help your managers understand the people they manage
- Help your managers understand themselves and how they impact their people
- Don’t assume your managers know how or when to coach
- Minimize administrative work to give managers more time to develop people
Don’t assume a top individual contributor will succeed as a manager.
Use Profile XT™ Assessment Tools to identify employees who demonstrate the behaviors and interests that will make them successful managers.
The assessments will also help managers understand the core behaviors, capabilities and preferences of the people they manage so that they can adapt their communication and management styles to get the most from their employees.
Managers must develop the mindset that they will be more successful if the people they manage succeed. This helps managers become invested in the success of each individual.
Whatever your business challenge is, we can help you starting today.
Simply click the link below to schedule your free 30 minute, no obligation, phone consultation. We’ll focus on your #1 challenge, and at the end of the call we’ll give you at least one practical strategy so that you can move forward immediately.
Schedule your free 30 minute
business consulting session today!
Or you can follow the link and our business coaches can provide a Complimentary Business Evaluation for your business.
Start increasing your bottom line today.