Companies make investments to drive traffic to their businesses via traditional marketing and advertising. These investments require an outlay of cash hoping that the return will be greater than the outlay.
Before making that investment, we encourage business owners to improve their conversion rate – the ratio of people who inquire about your business to those who actually pay you money.
Some keys to increasing the conversion rate:
- Ask for the sale – sometimes people need a nudge
- Document the sales process – at what steps are people falling out, that is the place to tighten up the process. Test and measure to see what is working
- Learn from your competitors – visit sites and locations of your top competitors and see how they are converting, as a consumer what did you like about your experience
- Tighten up your customer service – provide a customer service line, follow up with past customers and have them provide feedback on what you can do better
- Offer a guarantee – those customers who were boarder line a guarantee may push them over the edge to purchase
- Use real testimonials – if you have received positive feedback, let potential customers know about it. Reading local testimonials may convert customers to buy
- Offer incentives – free shipping, free newsletters etc.
- Learn from the best – continue to work on your sales skills (internal and external) We offer a sales training course if you are looking to sharpen your sales skills and those of the members of your team